HARMONIUS is an independent association-network of legal scholars, whose primary objective is the harmonization of law in the region of South-East Europe with the EU law and with the general principles of international law.
Within our primary objective, we at Harmonius especially stand for:
- The rule of law
- Education without frontiers and science without prejudice
- Intensive cooperation between young scientists and universities in the region of South-East Europe
- Strengthening of democratic institutions and civil society
- Fighting all forms of corruption
- Protection of basic human and cultural values.
Harmonius Academy of Legal Studies achieves its objectives by the following:
- Scientific and research activities
- Organization of scientific conferences and public debates
- Organization of seminars, workshops, summer/winter schools and student competitions
- Cooperation with domestic and foreign universities, institutes, professional associations and other organizations and institutions which deal with the harmonization, research and the application of law
- Counseling in the creation of strategies, recommendations, model laws, law drafts and proposals.